35 GRE Preparation Books and Free Resources for Students 2021 Update ,35 GRE Preparation Books and Free Resources for Students 2021 Update ,35 GRE Preparation Books and Free Resources for Students 2021 Update
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
GRE preparation books. Earning a good score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is a must for many graduate programs. Developing a strong study plan, learning useful exam strategies, and gathering test-taking tips can help you earn a score you’re proud of.
In case you’ve been looking for GRE preparation books, look no further, for here we’ve listed the various book to aid you on your GRE examinations, and any other information you may need!
What is the Graduate Records Examination?
The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in the United States and Canada and few in other countries. The GRE is owned and administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The test was established in 1936 by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. According to ETS, the GRE aims to measure verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing, and critical thinking skills that have been acquired over a long period of learning.
The content of the GRE consists of certain specific algebra, geometry, arithmetic, and vocabulary sections. The GRE General Test is offered as a computer-based exam administered at testing centers and institution-owned or authorized by Prometric.
More Info about the Graduate Records Examination
In the graduate school admissions process, the level of emphasis that is placed upon GRE scores varies widely between schools and departments within schools.
The importance of a GRE score can range from being a mere admission formality to an important selection factor.
The GRE was significantly overhauled in August 2011, resulting in an exam that is not adaptive on a question-by-question basis, but rather by section, so that the performance on the first verbal and math sections determines the difficulty of the second sections presented.
Overall, the test retained the sections and many of the question types from its predecessor, but the scoring scale was changed to a 130 to 170 scale (from a 200 to 800 scale).
The cost to take the test is US$205, although ETS will reduce the fee under certain circumstances. It also provides financial aid to those GRE applicants who prove economic hardship.
ETS does not release scores that are older than five years, although graduate program policies on the acceptance of scores older than five years will vary.
Why Use a GRE Prep Book?
Many students hoping to enter graduate school must earn a good score on the GRE. Without the right study plan and resources, getting into grad school can be difficult. Fortunately, with the help of a valuable prep book, doing well on the exam is just a couple of months of study away.
GRE which is a mandatory entrance exam for pursuing master’s/Ph.D. degrees in renowned abroad universities will be conducted online this year in all the GRE test centers offering the computer-delivered test.
GRE Prep Books
The GRE prep books are mentioned here;
- The Official Guide to the GRE General Test – Third Edition
- Manhattan Prep – 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems
- GRE by ArgoPrep 2019-2020
- Barron’s GRE with Online Tests
- Kaplan’s GRE Prep Plus 2021
- Magoosh GRE Book
- The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 3rd Edition
- Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions & Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions
- PowerPrep and PowerPrep PLUS
- Barron’s 6 GRE Practice Tests
- Manhattan GRE Math and Verbal Strategies
- Kaplan GRE Prep Plus 2021
- GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to Real Essay Topics
- Vibrant’s GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to Real Essay Topics Books
- Official GRE Super Power Pack, 2nd Edition
- The Princeton Review’s GRE Premium Prep, 2021
- Test Prep Books’ GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
- Barron’s Essential Words for the GRE, 4th Edition
- The Princeton Review’s 1,027 GRE Practice Questions, 5th Edition
- Mometrix’s GRE Prep, 2021 and 2022
- GRE Reading Comprehension
- GRE Sentence Equivalence & Text Completion, and GRE Vocabulary Builder
- The GRE Math Essentials
- GRE Statistics & Data Interpretation
- GRE Quantitative Question Bank
- The GRE Number Properties
- GRE Arithmetics, GRE Algebra
- GRE Geometry
- The GRE Word Problems
- GRE Combinatorics & Probability
- The Official Guide to the GRE General Test
- GRE Prep 2021 and 2022: GRE Study Book 2021
- GRE Subject Test: Psychology (Kaplan Test Prep)
- The GRE Math Workbook
- GRE Vocabulary 3000: Official Test Prep)
What makes a good GRE prep book?
What makes a good GRE prep book may seem subjective, but there are actually some pretty solid criteria we can use to rate each one relative objectively. Here’s how we evaluated the GRE study guides out there!
Depth and quality of review material:
Good test prep books will have in-depth overviews of the material you need to know for the GRE general test. This includes both content areas (e.g. number properties, statistics) and question formats (e.g. sentence equivalence, reading comprehension, word problems).
However, longer isn’t always better: you want a book that will cover the material you’ll see on the GRE—and only that material! Extraneous explanations won’t help and could overwhelm you, making prepping for the GRE all the harder.
Quality of practice GRE problems:
Trust us, you don’t get to be a master of quantitative comparisons, text completion questions, the analytical writing section, or…well, really any part of the GRE unless you’ve worked with test-like materials. This means that the questions should test material you’ll see on the real GRE, be formatted using GRE standards, and be of a similar difficulty level to the official exam.
Clarity and thoroughness of explanations:
You could be working with the best-written GRE questions in the world and it wouldn’t matter if you don’t understand exactly why each correct answer is correct.
As a general rule of thumb, longer, more detailed answer explanations are better, with the caveat that they should also be really clear. Ideally, they’d break down why each incorrect answer choice is wrong, as well as why the correct answer is right.
Number and quality of practice tests:
It’s really hard to show up to the GRE exam and do well if you haven’t had practice taking lots of high-quality practice tests. Great GRE test prep books will give you at least one, and preferably more, tests with thorough answers and in-depth explanations.
- Sonali Bank Scholarships 2021/2022
- Full Scholarships for International students
- 10 Scholarships for High School Seniors 2021/2022
- Art Scholarships for Students 2021/2022
- List of Free Scholarships in Canada 2021/2022
- Endeavor Scholarships in Australia 2021/2022
Best Free Online Resources Available for GRE Preparation
- GRE Study Schedules
- GRE Practice Test
- Complete Guide to the GRE (eBook)
- GRE Math Formulas (eBook)
A lot of these GRE preparation books consist of an in-text portion as well as an online portion. If you are someone who does not want to use a textbook and wants to study for the GRE completely online, check out our best GRE prep courses.
A lot of these providers above offer completely online GRE prep courses. These courses may be better suited for some individuals.
Please feel free to share this article (gre preparation books).
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.