Extension of JAMB Result Validity 2021 What Are the Possible Implications? ,Extension of JAMB Result Validity 2021 What Are the Possible Implications? ,Extension of JAMB Result Validity 2021 What Are the Possible Implications?
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
Extension of JAMB Result Validity – The Senate in Abuja directed the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), to extend the validity of its results to a period of three years. Continue reading to see more details below.
The question is if this is implemented what are the possible implications?
Before you move on to the main purpose of this article, take a little time to read about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) below.
About Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board conducts the entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The board is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for applicants of the Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) mission is to reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education. READ MORE
Implications of the Extension of JAMB Result Validity
– One of the obvious implications is that candidates who scored up to the required UTME cut-off mark but were unable to secure admission in that academic year will still be able to use the result in the upcoming year. thereby saving such candidates the stress of writing UTME again.
– It will also reduce the financial burden on parents/guardians as the senate president, Bukola Saraki rightly pointed out.
– However, the most critical is this; it will likely reduce the number of candidates applying for JAMB every year but at the same time increase the number of candidates seeking admission through UTME each year. This is not good considering that our tertiary institutions lack the capacity to accommodate the increasing number of admission seekers.
– Let’s examine this. If the validity of the UTME result gets extended, candidates who have obtained the required UTME cut-off mark for their course will need not apply for UTME in the upcoming year.
However, they will still join the teeming fresh secondary school leavers to jostle for admission in the following year. That will surely increase the number of admission seekers.
Now that seems to be nothing different from what it is at the moment; since some candidates who fail to gain admission last year, also sat for this year’s UTME alongside fresh secondary school leavers and are currently jostling for admission.
– What you’ve failed to consider is that there are candidates who scored well above 200 in last year’s UTME, who were not admitted. Most of them participated in this year’s UTME but couldn’t score up to 180. This has automatically disqualified them for admission this year.
Now, what if the validity of the UTME result was implemented last year? That means they are still qualified to apply for admission this year thereby increasing the number of admission seekers.
Also if the UTME result validity gets extended, many candidates with good UTME scores that fail to secure admission in a particular year will find it hard to consider programmes like diploma, IJMB, Pre-degree etc. since all they have to do is to wait another year and then re-apply for admission with their previous UTME result.
The reason many opt for these other programmes in the first place is due to the stress of preparing and sitting for UTME over again.
So, if you ask me, I think the admission quota for tertiary institutions should be increased first before extending the validity of the UTME result or else the whole process will be self-defeating at the end of the day.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, give us your opinion about this post in the comment section.
Do you need us to feed you with more updated information? If yes, kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below.
Don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google .
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.