JAMB CBT Examination Time Duration 2021 Questions Check Update ,JAMB CBT Examination Time Duration 2021 Questions Check Update ,JAMB CBT Examination Time Duration 2021 Questions Check Update
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB CBT examination time duration, questions will be uploaded 5 mins before the exam. Continue reading to see more details below.
About the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and quite often, a waste of resources in the process of administering the concessional examination especially on the part of the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient causes for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
However, these problems had assumed a new dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board. The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some of the recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, the legal instrument establishing the Board was promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
Things to Do Before Preparing for JAMB
Follow the top Secret Below;
1. Make for yourself a scheme of study or a reading pattern.
2. Be dedicated to your studying schemes.
3. Set in mind self-reliance towards achieving success in the exams. Don’t depend on some other person, or indulge in malpractices as an aid to your success.
4. Avoid key points. They are not fully detailed in information concerning a particular topic. Make use of textbooks with elaborate information. And also make use of past questions and answers.
5. Test yourself periodically, I.e weekly, as an aid in covering certain topics and in order to prepare you for the actual exams.
6. Study according to the syllables, and the topics as contained in the syllable should be your main focus, in order to avoid reading without precision.
7. Detach yourself from many leisure activities, e. g hanging out with friends, seeing movies and social media/networking.
8. Apply for jamb yourself, so as to boldly stand for the subject combination selected on the day of the exam.
9. Indulge in C. B. T training so as to improve your dexterity skills.
10. Revisit any topic from any subject that is not yet clear for you to understand, and you can have a group of people to brainstorm /share possible solutions with. Remember, no man is an island.
11. Go for your jamb lesson in a good jamb lesson centre. Not a place where the teachers are unserious. That is very important.
12. Finally, Work as if it all depends on you, and pray as if it all depends on God.
JAMB CBT Examination Time Duration
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Is-haq Oloyede said the board may reduce the timeline for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) from three hours to two hours.
He further stated that question papers will be uploaded five minutes to the examinations in order to check malpractice and questions leakage.
He made this known during the Strategic Planning retreat on Supervision and Evaluation of 2019 UTME examinations.
He said: “As for the UTME, it is likely we reduce the duration of the examinations. We are looking at two hours for the examinations instead of the present three-hour timeline. This is in line with international best practices.
“As for the candidates, for their age, the maximum time they can sit for examinations is two hours. Even in terms of international standard, for primary school pupils, the maximum time for examinations is between 45 minutes and one hour.”
He said JAMB has embraced new technology which will make the UTME comfortable to write by students in a privileged environment and those in rural areas.
He equally confirmed that about 300,000 candidates might sit for the mock UTME examinations on April 8 which will be used to test-run its new technology to make its examinations easier for students.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, Twitter or Google share button below.
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.