JAMB Literature Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Exercise ,JAMB Literature Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Exercise ,JAMB Literature Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Exercise
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
JAMB Literature Recommended Textbooks – Will you or someone you know be writing Literature in the upcoming JAMB UTME? If yes, you should pay complete attention to this article. We have made available the complete Literature textbooks recommended by JAMB. Read on to see them below.
CSN Team is committed to providing readers, especially candidates that would participate in the 2021 UTME, with information that will propel them to have excellent grades. See details of the recommended textbooks below.
Do well to read a brief history about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before you check out the Financial Accounting textbooks.
Brief About JAMB
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and quite often, a waste of resources in the process of administering the concessional examination especially on the part of the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient cause for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
However, these problems had assumed a new dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board. The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some of the recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, the legal instrument establishing the Board was promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
Literature Textbooks Recommended by JAMB
The following books are recommended by JAMB for Literature Exams;
- Frank Ogodo Ogbeche: Harvest of Corruption
- William Shakespeare: Othello
- Amma Darko: Faceless
- Richard Wright: Native Son
- Birago Diop: Vanity
- Gbemisola Adeoti: Ambush
- Gabriel Okara: Piano and Drums
- Gbanabam Hallowell: The Dining Table
- Lenrie Peter: The Panic of Growing Older
- Kofi Awoonor: The Anvil and the Hammer
b. Non African:
- Alfred Tennyson: Crossing the Bar
- George Herbert: The Pulley
- William Blake: The School Boy
- William Morris: The Proud King
1. Gbemisola, A. (2005) Naked Soles, Ibadan: Kraft
2. Hayward, J. (ed.) (1968) The Penguin Book of English Verse, London Penguin
3. Johnson, R. et al (eds.) (1996) New Poetry from Africa, Ibadan: UP Plc
4. Kermode, F. et al (1964) Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, London: OUP
5. Nwoga D. (ed.) (1967) West African Verse, London: Longman
6. Parker, E.W. (ed.) (1980) A Pageant of Longer Poems London: Longman
7. Senanu, K. E. and Vincent, T. (eds.) (1993) A Selection of African Poetry, Lagos: Longman
8. Soyinka, W. (ed.) (1987) Poems of Black Africa, Ibadan: Heinemann
1. Abrams, M. H. (1981) A Glossary of Literary Terms, (4th Edition) New York, Holt Rinehalt and Winston
2. Emeaba, O. E. (1982) A Dictionary of Literature, Aba: Inteks Press
3. Murphy, M. J. (1972) Understanding Unseen, An Introduction to English Poetry and English Novel for Overseas Students, George Allen and
4. Unwin Ltd. Jerry A. (2018) Sorters and Sortees Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
5. Jerry A. (2018) Specks In Our Eyes Ibadan, Kraftgriots.
- Recommended Textbooks for All Subject.
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subject.
- Detailed Brochure for JAMB.
- Arts Recommended Textbooks.
- Home Economics Textbooks.
- Geography Recommended Textbooks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. Is it necessary to read the recommended textbooks?
Ans = It is very important. Reading the textbooks helps you to prepare for your exam.
2. Where can I get the recommended textbooks for each subject?
Ans = Look no further! JAMB recommended textbooks for each subject has been made available in this article. Read through thoroughly to see them.
What’s your take on this? If you have any question or opinion, please don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.
We trust this article has been helpful to you. Do well to make use of our share button below to inform friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.