JAMB Music Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Screening Exercise ,JAMB Music Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Screening Exercise ,JAMB Music Recommended Textbooks 2021 for UTME Screening Exercise
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
JAMB Music Recommended Textbooks 2021 – Candidates writing the 2022 JAMB UTME are hereby informed that the recommended textbooks for Music are now online. In this article, we have made available all the textbooks recommended to aid one pass the exam successfully. See them below.
CSN Team is committed to providing readers, especially candidates that would participate in the 2022 UTME, with information that will propel them to have excellent grades. See details of the recommended textbooks below.
Do well to read a brief history about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before you check out the Music textbooks.
Brief History on JAMB
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and quite often, a waste of resources in the process of administering the concessional examination especially on the part of the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient causes for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
What is More?
However, these problems had assumed a new dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board. The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some of the recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, the legal instrument establishing the Board was promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
All Music Textbooks Recommended by JAMB
The following books are recommended by JAMB for Music Exams;
1. Akpabot, S. E. (1986) Foundation of Nigerian Traditional Music, Ibadan: Spectrum.
2. Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (1958) Rudiments and Theory of Music, London.
3. Cole, W. (1969) The Form of Music, London: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
4. Echezona, W. W. C. (1981) Nigerian Musical Instruments, Enugu: Apollo Publishing Ltd.
5. Ekwueme, L. (1993) Choir Training and Choral Conducting for Africans, Lagos: Lenaus Advertising and Publishing Company.
6. Holst, I. (1963) An ABC of Music, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
7. Hosier, (1961) Instruments of the Orchestra Oxford: Oxford University Press.
8. Hunt, R. (1960) Elements of Music.
9. Inanga, A. (1993) Music for Secondary Schools Vols. I and II, Ibadan: Spectrum.
10. Kamien, R. (1990) Music: An Appreciation, London: McGraw – Hill Publishing Company.
See More Recommended Textbooks
11. Kennedy, M. (1985) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Music, (Third Edition), London: Oxford University Press.
12. Kitson, C. H. (1978) Elementary Harmony Book 2, London: Oxford University Press.
13. Kofoworola, Z. O. And Lateef, Y. (1987) Hausa Performing Arts and Music, Lagos: Nigeria Magazine.
14. Lovelock, W. (1953) A Concise History of Music, London: Bell and Hyman.
15. Lovelock, W. (1996) The Rudiments of Music, London. G. Bell and Sons Limited.
16. Machlis, J. (1977) The Enjoyment of Music, New York: W. W. Norton.
17. Mensah, A. A. (Undated) Folksongs for Schools, Accra.
18. Morris, R. O. (1974) The Oxford Harmony, Vol. I, London: Oxford University Press.
19. Nketia, J. H. (1974) African Music, New York: W. W. Norton Company.
20. Palmer, K. (1965) Teach Yourself Music, London: The English University Press Limited.
21. Reed, H. O. (1954) Basic Music: A Basic Theory Text, New York: 19, N. Y. Mills Music Inc.
22. Taylor, E. (1989) The Guide to Music Theory, London: The Associated Board of The Royal Schools of Music.
23. Warburton, A. O. (1955) Graded Music Course for Schools, Books I – III, London: Longman.
- Recommended Textbooks for All Subject.
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subject.
- Detailed Brochure for JAMB.
- JAMB Yoruba Recommended Textbooks.
- Arts Recommended Textbooks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. Is it necessary to read the recommended textbooks?
Ans = It is very important. Reading the textbooks helps you to prepare for your exam.
2. Where can I get the recommended textbooks for each subject?
Ans = Look no further! JAMB recommended textbooks for each subject has been made available in this article. Read through thoroughly to see them.
What’s your take on this? If you have any question or opinion, please don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.
Also, we can provide you with updated information on JAMB Music Recommended Textbooks regularly. Contact us below.
We trust this article has been helpful to you. Do well to make use of our share button below to inform friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.