NOUN Admission Portal www.nouonline.net 2021 Check Portal Update ,NOUN Admission Portal www.nouonline.net 2021 Check Portal Update ,NOUN Admission Portal www.nouonline.net 2021 Check Portal Update
ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
NOUN Admission Portal: The National Open University of Nigeria is to be regarded as the foremost university providing highly accessible and enhanced quality education anchored by social justice, equity, equality, and national cohesion through a comprehensive reach that transcends all barriers.
Read through for more information from the school portal update.
The National Open University of Nigeria as we have today has become a leading ODL institution in Africa providing functional, flexible, accessible, and cost-effective education for all who seek knowledge.
The National Open University was initially established on 22 July 1983 as a springboard for open and distance learning in Nigeria. It was suspended by the government on 25 April 1984.
- The Objectives of the NOUN
- Academic Programmes At NOUN
- How to Apply for NOUN Admission
- NOUN Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- NOUN Student Portal Login
- NOUN Masters Degree Programmes
- NOUN Admission Requirements
However, its resuscitation was begun on 12 April 2001 by the former President of Nigeria, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo. At the take-off of the university, pioneer student enrollment stood at 32,400.
It currently has 78 Study Centres spread across the six geo-political zones of the country. The current student population stands at over five hundred thousand.
NOUN Student Portal Login
To login to the NOUN student portal, use your phone or system and follow this link www.noun.edu.ng.Here, you can do the following:
- Upload Recent Picture to your Portal
- Pay Semester school fees to register noun courses and examinations registration.
- Print your student I.D card
- See New Matriculation Date
- Download Noun Course Materials
- Review NOUN TMA Timetable
- Download Exam Timetable
The Objectives of the NOUN
In addition to the broad vision and mission statements, some of the major objectives of the National Open University of Nigeria is to:
- ensure equity and equality of opportunities in education generally but specifically in university education;
- provide wider access to education generally but specifically university education in Nigeria;
- enhance Education For All and life-long learning;
- provide the entrenchment of a global learning culture;
- provide instructional resources via an intensive use of information and communication technology;
- provide flexible, but qualitative education; and
- reduce the cost, inconveniences, and hassles of easy access to education and its delivery.
Academic Programmes At NOUN
The National Open University of Nigeria senate board just published and announced that the sales of the Application Form for admission into the following programs listed below:
- Post Graduate Diploma,
- Masters Degree,
- Doctor of Philosophy
How to Apply for NOUN Admission
- Visit the site nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either the Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Another programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click the ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number, and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form.
Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
NOUN Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of an L.L.B degree.
- A candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degrees and a minimum of 3 years of related experience may be accepted.
- HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor’s degree in basic Science, Biological / Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognized by NOUN are admirable.
- A candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV / AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in a related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject, and 2 other subjects.
NOUN Masters Degree Programmes
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognized by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognized by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honors degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational, and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV / AIDS Management is required to have PGD in HIV / AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in English and Mathematics, a science subject, and 2 other subjects.
NOUN Admission Requirements
Candidates seeking admissions into various programmes in NOUN must have the minimum entry requirement as follows;
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary. The ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates / Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE / GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
Do we believe this information on NOUN Admission Portal www.nouonline.net 2021 Check Portal Update is helpful to you? Since it is not everyone that has access to this article, and if you find the article useful, what then is stopping you from sharing it with your friends who are also in need of such information?
To help a friend out there, why not click on the share button on this website? You can save a life out there by sharing it on social media for them to see.
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! - ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.