Open University of Nigeria Portal www.nou.edu.ng See 2021 Update ,Open University of Nigeria Portal www.nou.edu.ng See 2021 Update ,Open University of Nigeria Portal www.nou.edu.ng See 2021 Update
Open University of Nigeria: The National Open University of Nigeria as we have today has become a leading ODL institution in Africa providing functional, flexible, accessible, and cost-effective education for all who seek knowledge.
It currently has 78 Study Centres spread across the six geo-political zones of the country. The current student population stands at over five hundred thousand. To get more information about this institution, read through this article carefully for its 2021 portal update.
- History of the National Open University of Nigeria
- List of NOUN’s Accredited Courses
- Admission and Students Portal Information
- How to Apply for Admission in NOUN
- Student Portal Login/Registration
- National Open University of Nigeria Fees
- Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
- Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
- Improved economies of scale
- The flexibility of the delivery system
- Maximum utilization of academic personnel
- On-the-job teacher training
- Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
- Provision of non-formal education
- Reaching the unreached
- Propagation of national orientation
History of the National Open University of Nigeria
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) was established in 1983 and resuscitated in 2002 as a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution. It is regarded as the largest institution with campuses spread across Nigeria.
NOUN is said to be the first of its kind in all of West Africa, with the highest population of students. As of 2011, the number of learners was about 150,000. The university has a total of 45 study centers at strategic locations in Nigeria, including in prisons where inmates can study and earn a degree.
List of NOUN’s Accredited Courses
School Of Agricultural Sciences – Undergraduate Degree Programmes:
- Agricultural Economics and Agro Business
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Soil and Land Resources Management
- Crop Production and Protection Sciences
Admission and Students Portal Information
Admission into the National Open University of Nigeria is for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. prospects from ages between 17 and above. One of the advantages the school has over the other tertiary institutions in Nigeria is its immunity to union strikes such as the ASSU strike.
The university has also affirmed that its students can enroll and participate in the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC programme.
How to Apply for Admission in NOUN
To apply for admission to the university, you are expected to have at least a minimum of 5 O-level credits including Mathematics and English Language.
The simple steps below are how eligible candidates can apply for admission to the National Open University Of Nigeria.
2. Select the programme you wish to apply for be it Undergraduate, Postgraduate or Ph.D.
3. On the left-hand side of the screen, Select Faculty
4. Click on any Faculty of your choice and fill the form displayed on the screen, choose the programme and entry-level to enable the View Requirements.
5. Click on View Requirements tab below to review the admission criteria.
6. After you’ve done that, click Apply to proceed to the pre-payment application page. Fill the remaining details before you submit them.
7. When you’ve successfully submitted the pre-payment form, you will be redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which is used to effect payment for the application form.
8. Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed and then click on Continue.
9. On the options provided, Select Bank Branch as payment type and click Pay.
10. Note your RRR number and proceed to any of the bank branches to pay the stipulated amount.
11. After you’ve made the payments, re-visit the school’s website as in steps 1 and 2.
12. If you’re paying online with a payment card (internet banking), you will automatically obtain the online form which you are to fill and submit.
13. On the Continue After Payment provision, enter Unique ID, RRR number, and Programme and click Proceed.
14. Fill Form as provided on the screen and Submit.
15. Print your admission letter and take it to your preferred Study Centre for screening/verification by an Administrative Officer.
Student Portal Login/Registration
The NOUN Student Portal is available for Returning students who are to simply log in and access their status and for New students who are to register their personal data before submission.
National Open University of Nigeria Fees
The fees schedule for the National Open University includes Exam fees, Project fees, fees for Undergraduate New and Returning Students; fees for Postgraduate New and Returning Students, etc. You can get the details on this here.
We believe this information on Open University of Nigeria Portal www.nou.edu.ng 2021 Update is helpful to you? Why not share it with your friends out there by clicking on the share button on this website. You can as well subscribe to be updated for further information concerning this topic.
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.