UMYU SBRS Forms 2022/2023 is Out (Remedial, Diploma, IJMBE) ,UMYU SBRS Forms 2022/2023 is Out (Remedial, Diploma, IJMBE) ,UMYU SBRS Forms 2022/2023 is Out (Remedial, Diploma, IJMBE)
The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina, UMYU School of Basic and Remedial Studies Admission Forms for the 2022/2022 Session is Out. This is the Remedial, IJMB, Diploma, and Certificate Form. See how to apply and other details below.
School of Pre-Degree and Remedial Studies, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University Katsina wishes to invite candidates to apply for admission into any of the following programmes:
- IJMB .
- ELIP (English Language Immersion Programme).
The application is open from FRIDAY 15th April 2022.
UMYU Admission Requirements
UMYU Remedial Admission Requirements
- Candidates applying for Remedial Programme must possess at least three (3)Credits in Science, Arts & Social Science subjects and any two (2) relevant Passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the School at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography & Physics
- Arabic, French, Hausa, History, Islamic Studies & Literature in English
- Accounting, Civic Education, Commerce, Economics & Government
- General Subjects: English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial programme MUST register and pass WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, OR NBAIS Exams at Credit level in the subjects they are deficient.
- Candidates applying for the Remedial programme MUST also register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the University and MUST choose Umaru Musa Yar’adua University as their 1st choice. The Duration of the Programme is one year.
Candidates applying for Pre-Degree Programme must possess at least five (5) Credits in Science including English and mathematics at ‘O’ level. The subjects combinations offered in the school are:
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
- Biology, Physics, Mathematics;
- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
- Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics.
Candidates admitted for the pre-degree programme with deficiency must register and pass at credit level the WAEC, NECO or NABTEB exams in the subject(s) they are deficient.
Candidates admitted for pre-degree programme must also register for the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum UMYU cut off point and must choose Umaru Musa Yar’adua University as their 1st choice.
The duration of the Programme is one year.
Candidates applying for IJMBE Programme MUST possess at least five (5) ‘O’ level Credits in three (3) Basic Science, Arts and Social Science Subjects, plus English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two (2) Sittings. For candidates from educationally less developed states (ELDS) in Nigeria, deficiency is allowed for English. The deficiency, however, must be remedied before the end of the IJMBE Programme. The Duration of the Programme is one year (See the appendix below)
- IJMBE Science Subjects: Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics & Physics
- IJMBE Arts Subjects: Arabic, French, Hausa, History, Islamic Studies & Literature in English
- IJMBE Social Science Subjects: Accounting, Business Management, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Government & Sociology
All registered IJMBE candidates MUST also register for JAMB Direct Entry (DE) Admissions. The Duration of the Programme is one year.
IJMB SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
|1||BiochemistryMolecular BiologyBiological SciencesMicrobiologyChemistryApplied ChemistryIndustrial ChemistryEnvironmental ChemistryFisheries BotanyBiotechnologyGeneticsApplied EcologyNatural and Environmental ScienceEnvironmental Health ScienceEnergy and Petroleum StudiesParasitology and EntomologyZoology Optometry||No. 1 to no. 17 have similar combinations as follows: Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics 18. Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics 19. Chemistry, Physics and Biology|
|2||PhysicsElectronicsAstrologyIndustrial PhysicsPure and Applied PhysicsMathematicsComputer Science SurveyingGeo-informaticsBuilding Technology StatisticsMathematics & Computer ScienceEngineering Applied Microbiology Metrology||No. 1 to no. 7 have similar combinations as follows: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology. No. 8 to no. 10 have similar combinations as follows: Physics, Mathematics, Geography or Chemistry. No. 11 to no. 13 have similar combinations as follows: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry. No. 14. Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry No. 15. Mathematics, Physics, Geography or Chemistry|
|3||1. Food Science and Technology 2. Agric Science||Chemistry, Physics, Agric Science|
|4||GeologyPetroleum StudiesApplied GeologyMarine Geology||Chemistry, Physics, Geography|
|5||Geography and Regional PlanningGeography and Environmental Management||Geography, Biology, Chemistry or Physics|
|6||ArchaeologyHuman BiologyApplied BiologyApplied Biology and BiotechnologyCell Biology and Genetics||3 Science Subjects|
IJMB SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
|1||Arts (Combine Honours) Arabic StudiesArcheology Classical Studies Fine Art/Applied Arts/Creative Art Drama/Performing Art/Films studiesLinguisticsEnglish , Law and international studiesEnglish language/English language and communication studies French/French and International studiesHausaHistory/ military History/History and strategic studies/ History and international studies/international studies and Diplomacy/ History and Diplomacy Islamic StudiesLanguage and linguistics/ linguistics and Nigerian languages Mass CommunicationMusic Studies Philosophy Anthropology||Subjects to be combined and one other art subject Arabic and two Arts subjects Geography, History or government and any art subject Literature, History and any other art subject Fine Arts and two others subjects Literature and two other subjects Two arts and other subjects Literature, Government/History and any relevant subject. Literature and two other subjects. French and two other subjects. Hausa, literature and any relevant subject History/Government and two other subjects Islamic and two other subjects Three Arts subjects Any three (3) Arts/Social Science Subject Music and two other Any three (3) subjects Geography, History and Literature.|
IJMB SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
1. Social Science
|1||Accounting/Finance/Business Management /Business Administration/Public Administration/Marketing/Insurance Banking and Finance, Taxation, Office and Information Technology Economics, Peace and Development Studies, Criminology, Criminology and Security Studies Demography and Social Statistics Library Science/Film and Video Studies/Public Relations and Advertisement Policy and Strategic Studies/Policy and Administrative Studies/Social Justice. Political Science, International Law and Diplomacy, Political Science and International Relations, Political Science and Conflict Resolution, Political Science and Defense Studies, Peace and Conflict Resolution. PhilosophyPsychologySocial Work Sociology and Anthropology International Relations Entrepreneurship||Accounting, mathematics, Business Management or Economics Mathematics, Social Science and any other subject. Economics, mathematics, Government or History or Geography Mathematics, Economics, Geography or any other related subject. Any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects Government,Economics,Geography or History or Accounting or Commerce Government or History and two other Social Science subjects. Government and any two related subjects Any three (3) Arts/Social Science subjects. Mathematics, Economics, Geography or any other related subject. Three (3) Social Science/Art subjects Economics, Literature, Government or History or Geography. Economics, Mathematics and any Social Science subject.|
This is an English Language programme for French speaking and other non-English speaking countries preparatory to admission into the University
- Candidates applying for this programme must possess relevant certificate acceptable to the University.
- The duration of the programme is 6 months of 2 semesters.
UMYU CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME
Science with Option in:
- Forensic Science
- Science/Technical Education background would have an added advantage
- Duration: Two (2) semesters minimum and maximum of four (4) semesters.
Humanities with Option in:
- Arabic proficiency
Requirement: Primary School Certificate
Duration: Twelve (12) months minimum and /maximum of Eighteen (18) months
- Professional certificate in English (Intensive)
- Translation and Subtitling for English
Requirement: Three (3) “O Level Credits including English
- Certificate in French
Requirement: Primary School Certificate
Duration: Two (2) Semesters
HOW TO APPLY FOR UMYU PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION
To register, go to https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/rem/applicant/index
- Click on ‘Register a new Account’ at the right to fill the registration form.
- On successful payment, log on to your profile and edit your application profile (This will require your recent passport photograph and your biodata).
- Print your exam card.
- Please always check to confirm if you are shortlisted.
Closing Date: Not Stated yet
The AllSchool Team wishes you the Best of Luck in everything you do especially as you apply for UMYU Pre-Degree, IJMB and ELIP Admission.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.