ADS! Download JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
UNILORIN Remedial Admission Form: University of Ilorin, UNILORIN is now selling its Remedial / Pre-degree programme admission application form for the 2020/2021 academic session. Continue reading to see more details below.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the 2020/2021 academic session of the School of Preliminary Studies Programme.
Admitted Remedial candidates who pass the School’s examinations at the end of the programme and obtain the minimum UTME cut off point approved by the University SHALL be considered for admission into degree programmes based on performance and quota for each programme.
UNILORIN Remedial Admission Requirements
Arts and Arts Education:
- Applicants must pass five subjects at Credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subjects of study. Note that Credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
- Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
- Note: There is no preliminary programme in B.A. (Hons.) English
Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Science and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
- Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB
Eligibility, Venue, Duration & Specific Requirements
Eligibility: The preliminary programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
Venue: The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
Duration: The programme is for the duration of two semesters (one academic session).
Specific Requirements: The faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grades in Agricultural Science in lieu of credit grades in Biology.
UNILORIN Remedial Programme General Conditions:
- The Board of the School, in its policy thrust of inclusiveness in university education, has approved that applicants who have credit pass in five (5) O’ Level subjects but a deficiency in EITHER of English Language or Mathematics may apply for the programme; PROVIDED that they MUST have registered for and obtained credit pass in the subject to be considered for admission into degree programme.
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain Credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and sit for English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the 2024/2025 JAMB/UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2021/2022 JAMB/UTME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and MUST obtain the minimum UTME approved cut off point by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Students who passed the School’s end of the programme examinations but could not obtain the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved by the university can BANK the Remedial result for use the following year only; PROVIDED that the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved for the following year is obtained.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
How to Apply for UNILORIN Pre-Degree Admission Form
Candidates are to visit the University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2020/2021 SPS Application. Application forms are to be completed online after a payment of N15, 000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) application fee, using Interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
After the completion of the form, each candidate MUST download a Local Government Confirmation Form, which MUST be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the Local Government Area.
A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about the UNILORIN Remedial Admission form, kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, and Google .
Join Over 3,500 000 Readers Online Now!
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
ADS: KNOCK-OFF DIABETES IN JUST 60 DAYS! – ORDER YOURS HERE
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.